Wednesday, July 11, 2012

This is late- My excuse is my Family...


Hey Guys!

I am so sorry/embarrassed that I am just posting these now! I was planning on working on these essays (yes, I procrastinate) over the past two days but then I decided to take an impromptu (booked flights on Monday-left on Tuesday!) trip home to Maine. After lots of Roller Coaster Tycoon, mini golf, ice cream, and Modern Family with my little brother- I am finally finding time to upload these posts.

My summer has been going well so far and seems to be flying by! After Orgo finished up in June, I began tutoring at a local Pittsburgh Public School. It is almost like culture shock for me in some ways. The students that I work with have a pretty different view on education than most people at CMU and learning how to help them succeed has been pretty challenging. I have also been waitressing at the Waffle Shop which is also a new experience! I work the night shift (from 10pm-4am) and being at East Liberty at that time has brought about some interesting moments!

Thank you Danielle and Jaime for posting everything already! Brownie points for sure. Ian mentioned that he may not be able to post by today, but will hopefully be able to soon. Vivian is in Costa Rica at the moment and has pretty limited internet access but she says that all is well and posts will come soon!

Thanks again for all your work and please keep enjoying your summers. Can’t wait to see you all in less than a month :)

Lindsay 

No comments:

Post a Comment